This document outlines the Solar Water Heating Companies Qualification, a national certification and quality control system proposed by the Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation (LCEC) in order to further develop the solar thermal market in Lebanon. Currently, there is a target for 140,000m2 of solar water heaters to be installed by 2014.
The qualification scheme will give eligibility to qualified companies, improving their standing amongst consumers. Its criterion has two parts:
- Qualification of Company
- Company is evaluated by specialized Committee across various areas.
- Graded out of 800 total points.
- Product Qualification
- Tests performed by a professional test laboratory evaluating the performance and reliability of the product, and checking the compliance with international standards of good practice.
- Lebanese Standards for solar water heaters have been adopted recently, and are based on predating European standards.
- Qualifying products automatically receive 300 points.
If a company and its product passes both stages (with a minimum cumulative score of 700/1000), it is accredited as an official Solar Water Heating Company (SWHCO) and can take part and benefit from Lebanon’s national Solar Water Heaters Action Plan and international grants offered or supervised by the Lebanese government and the LCEC.
Author: Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation
Download the document here, or read it below: