The European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) is searching for a Secretary General in Brussels. ESTIF is the voice of one of the fastest growing industries in Europe. Our more than 100 members (manufacturers, service providers, research institutes and national solar associations) represent more than 95% of Europe’s solar heating and cooling market.
Our key goal is to promote the use of solar thermal energy in Europe, and to support the dynamic growth of our industry. ESTIF currently has a staff of four persons. Our secretariat in Brussels is located in the Renewable Energy House, together with the headquarters of the other leading renewables associations at European level to the main buildings of the EU Institutions.
The Secretary General has a leading role in ESTIF. He represents the interests of the solar thermal industry in Brussels, identifies upcoming topics, proposes suitable strategies and implements the ones agreed by the Board of Directors. He has the overall responsiblility for the management of the secretariat and the ESTIF staff. We offer a permanent full-time position with a work contract according to Belgian law.
Key tasks of the ESTIF Secretary General:
- Overall management of the ESTIF secretariat, its staff and finances
- Monitoring the whole range of issues affecting solar thermal markets, identifying upcoming issues
- Developing strategies and actions with the Board of Directors and Advisory Council, as well co-ordinating their implementation
- Representing the solar thermal industry towards external and internal stakeholders
Required skills and experiences:
- Solar thermal or (renewable) energy background
- Proven leadership skills Experience in EU project management and accounting practices
- Excellent understanding of policy-making processes
- Strong social and communication skills, including networking skills
- Co-operative working style
- High commitment and motivation
- Prepared to work in Brussels (5 days a week) and to travel, mostly within Europe
- Excellent English language skills (spoken and written), German and other European languages a strong asset
- Good command of standard office software
- At least 5 years qualified professional experience
- Academic Degree
- EU citizenship
Ideal starting date: June 2009
Procedure for application: Please send your CV and motivational letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. using the following subject line: Application of Surname, Name (example: “Application of Smith, Paula”).
Please include also your salary expectations because of the differences between countries, you may want to indicate them in terms of net amount per annum. Deadline for application: 19 April 2009