This Guidelines aims at explaining the relevance of quality assurance for a sustainable market development, besides providing an overview of quality assurance measures applied to solar thermal products and installations around the world. It indicates some possible steps in order to set up a quality assurance system in a country.
This guide covers all aspects from standardisation to testing and certification, asserting the quality of both systems and installation. It covers both the quality of systems and of installation. It also refers to an exhaustive mapping of worldwide existing standards and certification for solar thermal.
In order to provide guidance on the setting up a quality assurance system, this guide provides:
- An overview of quality assurance measures applied to solar thermal products;
- An introduction to certification procedures to ensure that products in the market confirm with standards;
- Requirements on setting up and establishing testing facilities and competence standards;
- Requirements on how to set up a certification scheme by assessing framework conditions and obtaining governmental and financial support;
- An analysis of the complementarities between the concepts of certification, accreditation and training.
It targets policy-makers at different levels of governance, local and regional authorities, energy agencies, market surveillance authorities, manufacturers and installers, besides test laboratories and certification bodies.
Download the document here