The scope of this assessment is to create a logical pathway to identify the most efficient, reliable and cost competitive solar cooling technology for the Arab region. The assessment investigates the commercial viability of solar cooling technologies in 22 Arab countries to assist a strong and sustainable market development.
- An introduction about the status of solar cooling technologies at world level, market status and available products.
- An identification of the commercialized solar cooling technologies at world level and the life cycle analysis at system level adapted for the Arab region characteristics.
- An identification of most economically viable and applicable solar cooling technologies for the Arab world based on expert forecasts.
- An identification of international leaders, researchers, research institutions and companies involved in solar cooling technologies.
- A recommendations to policy-makers for the initiation of solar cooling R&D programs.
- An estimation of annual cost to the public budget of proposed actions.
- Recommendations to follow-up.