“The four years of climate protection programme “klima:aktiv” in Austria was the most successful programme ever”, Robert Kanduth, the chairman of Austrian Solar Thermal Association, Austria Solar, and CEO of Greenonetec, the biggest flat-plate collector manufacturer worldwide. Kanduth was...
- New brand Borosolar: Borosil Glass Works Ltd. launched the first vacuum tube collector fully produced in India. Photo : Borosil Glass Works
- Social housing in Mexico with solar water heaters: Tecamac is a typical suburb of Mexico City, where inhabitants can purchase apartments at a reasonable price. Photo: GTZ Mexico
- Solar water heater from India: The collector manufacturer Akson's Solar Equipments has launched the Akson Maestro system with the hot water tank positioned below the collector. Photo: Akson's Solar
- Fast installation: The team from the Danish company Sunmark mounted around 600 m2 of collector area every day.
“Sunny Day For Solar” titled the U.S. American Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) on the 24th of September. A day beforehand, the Senate had approved its version of the Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008 which would extend the 30 % tax credits for solar thermal...
- Super solid: The Austrian manufacturer Neuma Solar presented the new collector Goliath Deluxe which can stand heavy snow loads. Photo: Neuma Solar
- Commercial applications are on the rise in Poland: “Big building societies, hotels and hospitals are investing in solar thermal systems,” confirms export manager Jacek Paluch of the collector manufacturer Watt. Photo: Watt
Viessmann will expand its own production plant for vacuum tubes near Beijing, China. The German manufacturer for heating systems had bought into an already existing German-Chinese joint venture in autumn of 2007. The German company Eurocol GmbH held 51% on the manufacturer Eurocon.
- Solar thermal installation on top of this huge banking complex in Lisbon: The Portuguese state bank Caixa Geral de Depositos (CGD) commissioned the Austrian engineering company S.O.L.I.D. to design the solar cooling plant. Photo: S.O.L.I.D.
- Solar thermal factory in Italy: Flat-plate collectors for the MTS Group’s business are produced at this new site in central Italy. Photo: MTS Group
Robert Bosch GmbH has taken over the Thuringian solar cell manufacturer Ersol Solar Energy AG, Germany. In August the world’s largest automotive supplier and electronics company bought up 44.76 % of the shares from the previous majority shareholder Ventizz Capital Partners Advisory AG. Since...