Because of the huge success EUROSOLAR and the World Council for Renewable Energy (WCRE) are continuing the IRES series in 2012. The 7th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference and Exhibition (IRES 2012) will take place at the Berlin Congress Center bcc, November 12-14, 2012. The view in the professional energy storage world is that IRES has developed into the central platform for sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas on one of the key issues of future energy supply. IRES 2011 attracted attendance from more than 40 countries with 600 attendees and repeated the success of the previous year.
As always the IRES conference programme will also address thermal storage via the following programme topics:
• Heat storage for buildings and industrial applications
• Compact thermal energy storage: design of reactors, heat exchanger development, optimization of heat and mass transport as well as simulations of all these aspects
• CHP and heating networks, use of new or existing thermal storage in the power grids
• Interaction of the energy networks for power, gas and heat and cross-sectoral use of energy storage systems and
• High temperature storage for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP)